- church Christmas pageants - you know who you are
- school choir solos
- Salvation Army bell ringing
- family christmas gathering
- shopping at the school store - you know where you took your parent's hard earned money and bought them something ridiciously cheap
- driving around the "fancy" neighborhood looking at christmas lights
- Ritz crackers and peanut butter covered with chocolate - thank you Uncle Keith!
- making fudge
- making sugar cookies
- making more fudge, because dad ate it all
- making thumbprint cookies
- making chocolate crinkles
- making Texas Trash (Chex mix)
Over the weekend, my Love asked if we could make something for his co-workers and i jumped at the chance to get my kitchen (more) dirty! I made a quick trip to the Dollar Tree for buckets and then gathered all the items needed for Chex Party Mix and the extra ones I wanted to make a new version.
Now, at my house growing up, we called this Texas Trash growing up. I know you just rolled your eyes, but I didn't know any better. We lived in Texas and we stored it in those big popcorn tins which we also used by the couch as a trash can. Context clues...it all came together.
Since my brand new baby niece is about to make her grand appearance, I thought it would be fun to share my new version that I'm calling Nacho Ranchy Texas Trash...but I'm guessing we will really land on calling it Grandad Crunch!
I can see it now. My dad would get a red Tupperware Tumbler and sit in "his seat" on the couch and crunch away as he scrolled through between any variety of "boy movies" and 10 o'clock news. I love those memories and a new baby niece to make more with. Now she gets to smell the stinky breath that comes with the yummiest Granddad Crunch!
Are there people in your family that have a signature item they always request or eat?