An Overcomer for sure. My gal, Jen!
- What have you OVERCOME? Comparison
- What was your turning point? As a young girl, my dad always used to tell me there would be people who had more than me and people who had less than me. And at the age of 11, this was easy. Some girls had more clothes than me and some girls had less clothes than me and that was that. But then we get older and we have more stuff and the lines get blurry. And it wasn't until I was starting over at the age of 40 that I realized that my stuff is enough. In fact, it's more than enough. I started to see the beauty in what I had - not in what I was missing. In the every day gifts that come to us all every hour on the hour, but we often don't recognize them because we're too busy trying to get more or figure out who has more and so on. My white picket fence can look different than yours and it will and I'm really good with that. It's me. Its a bit woobly and needs to be painted and it's mine. And I'm happy.
- 5 word life mantra - It is what it is.
- Quote you live by - Comparison is the thief of joy. - Theodore Roosevelt
Connect with Jen:
- Facebook - Jennifer Boyle
And, because we love birthdays around here, I'm excited to help Jen celebrate her mom!