I'm fortunate in my life to have lots of people that I call friends...but amazing friends, those are a little different;
- think of you when they eat at your favorite restaurant - and may or may not rub it in your face when they are there without you!
- make your priorities their priorities
- pick up right where you left off even if its been months since you've seen them
- support you in the things that are important for you, even if its hard or no where they personally want to be
- send you messages of encouragement right when you need them
- read a quote, hear a verse, watch a video and think of you and take the extra moment to share the words you need to hear, even if they are hard to hear
- don't apologize for saying what needs to be said
- think its beautiful when you do the ugly cry
- get as giddy as you do about the special moments of your life
- dream bigger dreams for you
- read between the lines and help you put the puzzle pieces together
- push you to be your best...even when complacency is easier
- can read through the "I'm ok" even if you are just talking by email, text or over the phone
- celebrate all your successes - big and small
When I transitioned to NWA, I ran across a quote on Pinterest that said "Family is not always the people you are born to, it can be the people who you share in life's journey". I love this quote and reflect back to it weekly when I think about the amazing people that I get to share life's journey with.